Saturday, February 03, 2007

For Ladies Who Like Football….

In this stage in my life, I have to say I spend more time following my three little ones around our property than I do following football teams, but I’ve always enjoyed watching (parts) of a good game. What I like even more than the Sunday afternoon events is getting a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the dynamics of the teams. Football has long been a ripe arena for storytelling; Sports Illustrated is just one example of how people can turn a sports event into a grandly-woven yarn.

We’ve come to love watching a new series titled ‘America’s Game’ on NFL Network. America’s Game is a 41-part series that profiles each Super Bowl winning team.

Steve Sabol, NFL Films President and a man with a reputation for stellar sports storytelling, said, “Fans should not be expecting to see a Super Bowl highlight film for each champion. Rather, each episode of America’s Game will be a personal portrait told by the men who lived it and felt it, not by the analysts or journalists who watched and reported it.”

Each episode is narrated by celebrities including Alec Baldwin, Bruce Willis and Kevin Bacon.

So, set your Tivo to record an episode or two. It usually takes me a few tries to finish an entire episode (you moms know what I mean), but it's worth the effort.

http://ag.nfl.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home