Friday, August 10, 2007

Taking Summer To School



I have to admit that I have mixed feeling about school starting again. The Type A part of my personality would love the scheduled blocks of time I need to meet deadlines and work obligations; the kid in me wants to do cannonballs in the pool and take each day as it comes without consulting my email first.

If you have kids, you’re probably gearing up for the ‘Back to School’ transition. Going from flexible summer schedules to the daily school grind can be daunting for most kids. We can help them get back into the school groove by letting them take a little bit of summer with them.

Consider choosing a couple of photos of your kids doing something they loved this summer. Print one picture as a wallet sized image and have it laminated as a luggage tag. Many copy shops offer this service. You can secure one to each child’s backpack as a surprise for the first day of school.

You can then print another picture and write a few sentences about how much you loved spending time with them this summer. Tuck it in their lunch kits as a midday surprise.

This picture of my daughter running towards what is known as Stonehenge II in Hunt, Texas, reminds me of the excitement and exploration that these months bring.

Summer may be fleeting, but the memories can carry us through until next June arrives.

It’ll be sooner than we think.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger tracey clark said...

cute ideas! I am a sucker for adorable luggage tags!

tracey @ picture this

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

What great ideas... and we go to Hunt quite a bit! In fact, our school field trips there in May!

Love the shots and ideas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home